Bollywood movies have always made sure that we celebrate our every relationship with gusto. From the lovable romantic-comedies to action-thrillers that leave you on the edge of your seat, the one element that is common in all the movies is friendship. The relationship between a group of friends is something that we have all experienced and can relate too.
Today, on the occasion of friendships day, let’s take a look at five such Bollywood movies by Dharma Productions that have redefined friendship over the years.
1. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai:- Who can ever forget the iconic pair of Rahul and Anjali? From their basketball matches to their banter to the emotional connection they develop towards each other, is a story that we all wished we had in our lives. The dialogue, ‘Pyar dosti hai’ is still relevant today and used colloquially by the youngsters. Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol gave us the ultimate friendship goal with this film.
2. Dostana:- After the release of the film in 2008, Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and John Abraham became the loved trio amongst the fans. The friendship portrayed in the melodious song – Jaane Kyun, lights up all our hearts through and through. This bond intertwined with love and romance gave the audience a fun watch and a milestone for all our friendships.
3. Yeh Jawaani Hai Dewaani:- Who can ever forget the awesome pair of friends Bollywood has given us? Naina, Kabir (Bunny), Avi and Aditi taught us that true friendship prevails through all the trails in our lives. The 2013 coming-of-age romantic drama saw Ranbir Kapor, Deepika Padukone, Aditya Roy Kapur and Kalki Koechlin in pivotal roles, which gave us many memorable dialogues and songs which are still loved by the audience. The journey of these four characters in the film from carefree youngsters to adults, who need each other to take the next step in their lives, is a poignant portrayal on friendship.
4. Wake up Sid:- Another memorable movie by Ranbir Kapoor taught us that with the right people supporting you and motivating you to achieve your dreams you can even conquer the world! The movie delicately showcases how a youngster Siddharth Mehra manages to turn his life around for the good with the help of his friends. They teach him the true meaning of life, the importance of responsibility and how to always support each other, no matter what.
5. Kal Ho Naa Ho:- In a decade when most Bollywood movies saw the hero and heroine falling in love at a first glance and fighting off villains in overdramatic action sequences, this Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta and Saif Ali Khan starrer redefined the terms of friendship. The highlight of the film was the friendship Rohit shared with Naina and Aman. Saif with his charming, boy-next-door avatar made every Bollywood fanatic wish for a friend like Rohit.
Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions has entertained us for decades with different tales of romance and friendships. We hope they continue to do so for many more years to come.