Detective Byomkesh Bakshy Star Cast And Release Date:
Detective Byomkesh Bakshi is an upcoming Bollywood comedy film, which is under production. The film is produced by Aditya Chopra and directed by Dibakar Banerjee. The film stars Sushant Singh Rajput in the role of a detective. The director said, “Detective Byomkesh Bakshi! will be my toughest film and will be the greatest challenge”. The film is set against the backdrop of World War 2. He also added that, “After filming this I won’t be able to take up another challenge for quite some time.” Sushant is leaving no stone unturned to do justice to his character. He is expected to shed around 8 kilos for the film, apart from learning Bengali culture. He said, “I’ve been observing Bengali culture and people during my stay. I’ve been eating specific local dishes to understand Bengalis better, so that when I start shooting, I hope I’m able to convincingly portray a young Bengali man from 1942.”
Detective Byomkesh Bakshi is the film that is based on one of the 33 crime thrillers penned by famed Bengali writer Sharadindu Bandopadhyay with Byomkesh Bakshi as the protagonist between 1932 and 1970. Featuring Sushant Singh Rajput of “Kai Po Che!” fame as the popular detective, the movie will be set in war-torn Kolkata. The movie will follow one of the first cases solved by a twenty-something Byomkesh, fresh out of college, and “an adventurous, young, and thrill-loving youth who wants to be a detective”. Banerjee cleared up that, “the movie is unlike his previous films Shanghai and Khosla Ka Ghosla. It will have no message to convey to the audience, it’s just telling a story”.
Star cast & crew:
- Directed by : Dibakar Banerjee
- Produced by : Aditya Chopra
- Written by : Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay
- Starring : Sushant Singh Rajput, Swastika Mukherjee & Anand Tiwari
- Banner : Yash Raj Films
Star Cast Role:
- Sushant Singh Rajput as Detective Byomkesh Bakshy: a young Bengali private detective.
- Anand Tiwari as Ajit Bandyopadhyay: the sidekick of Byomkesh Bakshy, also an author.
- Swastika Mukherjee as Anguri: a dancer and spy, the character outline of Anguri is based on famous Frisian exotic dancer Mata Hari.
- Divya Menon as Satyabati: the love interest of Byomkesh Bakshy.
- Neeraj Kabi as Nirmal Kundu: a government detective and preceptor of Byomkesh Bakshy.
- Meiyang Chang
- Aryann Bhowmik
- The movie is slated to be released on 3 April 2015.
More from my site