Dangal Total Collection in India
Aamir Khan’s two-year sabbatical to make Dangal has paid off, and Mr Perfectionist is back with a bang. The film broke box office records as it raked in a whopping Rs 73.70 crore in its second weekend. This brings the total domestic collections of Dangal to Rs 270.47 crore, with another Rs 141.60 crore from overseas business. The total worldwide collection of the film stands at Rs 412.07 crore, inching towards the 400-crore mark.
Directed by Nitesh Tiwari, Dangal tells the story of wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat and the challenges he faces in training his daughters to become world-class players in the male-dominated sport of wrestling. The film, which also stars Sakshi Tanwar, Sanya Malhotra and Fatima Sana Shaikh, has won over the critics and masses alike, and continues to have a fantastic run at the box office through word-of-mouth.
So far, Dangal is the second highest grossing film of 2016, after Salman Khan’s Sultan which raked in Rs 300.45 crore at the domestic box office. However, given Dangal’s record-breaking run, the film may soon dethrone Sultan as the biggest hit of 2016. Fatima Sana Shaikh, has won over the critics and masses alike, and continues to have a fantastic run at the box office through word-of-mouth.
Aamir Khan’s magnum opus seems to be getting appreciated all over the domestic country and the overseas screens as well. 11th day has reported nice business from different places and altogether on its second Monday, Dangal has made the collection of around 13.45 Crores and now stands with a total of 284.69 crores at the Box Office. Dangal is all set to cross the 300 crore mark by its 2nd week at the domestic market. Having released in a festive season, the film has had an overwhelming run at the box office all these days.
Here’s the detailed break-up of the domestic box-office collection of Dangal:
- Day 1 (Friday) – December 23: Rs 29.78 crore
- Day 2 (Saturday) – December 24: Rs 34.82 crore
- Day 3 (Sunday) – December 25: Rs 42.35 crore
- Day 4 (Monday) – December 26: Rs 25.48 crore
- Day 5 (Tuesday) – December 27: Rs 23.07 crore
- Day 6 (Wednesday) – December 28: Rs 21.20 crore
- Day 7 (Thursday) – December 29: Rs 20.29 crore
- Day 8 (Friday) – December 30: Rs 18.59 crore
- Day 9 (Saturday) – December 31: Rs 23.07 crore
- Day 10 (Sunday) – January 1: Rs 31.27 crore
- Day 11 (2nd Monday) – January 2: Rs 13.45 crore